We may earn commission from links on this page at no extra cost to you. We only recommend products we back!
RC cars are a popular hobby for many people, but they can be difficult to maintain. One of the most important tools that RC enthusiasts need is a good soldering iron.
There’s more than one type on the market today and it can be hard to know which one will work best for you. Luckily, this post will help you decide!
In A Hurry? Here Are Our Top Picks!
|1. Hakko Digital Soldering Station FX||● 5 preset temperatures.|
● Ceramic heating element & sensor.
● Performance, quality & best value.
● Hakko + Kita fx-888d collaboration.
|2. Toolour Automatic Soldering Gun Kit||● 2 anti-static tweezers.|
● Desoldering vacuum pump.
● Visible solder wire feeding.
● Premium ceramic heat element.
|3. Weller 40-Watt Soldering Station||● Nice and solid.|
● Good quality for the price.
● Fits in a petty small toolbox.
● Good for DIY, hobby, and occasional use.
|4. X-Tronic 75W Soldering Iron Station Kit||● 2 helping hands.|
● 5 extra tips.
● 10 min sleep feature.
● 75w soldering iron station kit.
● Brass sponge w/cleaning flux.
|5. Merece Digital Soldering Iron Kit||● Fast heating up.|
● Auto sleep function.
● Led screen display.
● Temperature lock system.
● Perfect 12-in-1 soldering kit.
|6. Anbes Adjustable Temperature Soldering Iron Kit||● 60w adjustable temperature.|
● 8 in 1 multifunctional screwdriver.
● Wire cutter with anti-slip handle.
● Widely used & portable carry.
There are two different types of solder irons: pencils and guns. Pencil irons have a pointed tip with an attached wire brush, while gun solders have a long handle with an attached metal nozzle at the end. Gun irons give off more heat than pencil irons but require more experience to use properly since they’re much heavier than pencils and don’t come equipped.
1. Hakko FX888D-23BY Digital Soldering Station FX-888D FX-888 (blue & yellow)
2. Soldering Gun Toolour 60W 5-in-1 Automatic Soldering Iron Kit
3. Weller WLC100 40-Watt Soldering Station
4. The Original X-Tronic 3020-XTS 75W Soldering Iron Station Kit
5. Merece Digital Soldering Iron Kit
6. Weller WE1010NA Digital Soldering Station
7. Anbes Upgraded 60W Adjustable Temperature Soldering Iron Kit
8. YIHUA 939D+ 75W Equivalent Digital Soldering Station
9. Vastar Anti-Static Soldering Iron Station Kit
How To Chose The Best Soldering Iron For RC Cars
The best soldering iron for RC Cars is the Hakko FX-888D, due to its powerful temperature control and precision. The HAKKO FX-888D has a quick response time of around one second, which will help you complete your project faster.
This model also comes with an adjustable stand that allows you to set up at any angle. In conclusion, this is the best soldering iron for RC cars!